My name is SheWolf. I'm an American ecofeminist. I say "American" because I have grown up in the US and have learned to view the world and my reality from an American perspective. I work daily to become more and more conscious of how my American values and beliefs have shaped the way I think and the way I see.
I don't think I will ever get out of my "American" box -- it's all I have ever known. If I have already pissed you off because I question the idea of being boxed in by American hegemony--then good. We are right on point.
I think it is time that we think past and move beyond these national labels. We have been socialized to believe that nations and borders are the answer to our security and safety. Perhaps. But let's think about it for a moment.
Take air for instance. Air has no borders. Air everywhere. We breathe it. The trees breathe it. The insects breathe it. Our pets breathe it. It's all around us and it does not acknowledge national borders. This may sound simplistic but there is a point here.
Pollution. Air pollution specifically. This is not a national issue. It never was a national issue. It has ALWAYS been a global one. Always. In fact, any pollution on this planet --be it the oceans, the land, the air--it has no boundaries.
We live in a cause and effect universe. Science has this right and it is a fact. We may not always "see" the effects of our actions but eventually they will be realized. For you biblical scholars, the saying "You reap what you sow" applies here.
I'm taking this on here in this blog. Everything and everyone will be up for grabs. I will also critique myself, as I am one of the cogs in this wheel of life. I am not beyond being discriminated.
I'm interested in working past my social conditioning and questioning all of it. For you folks who believe Science has all the answers, I take you on too. Science is a narrative we currently prescribe too. We have decided it is the truth. We have become locked into it and it has its own borders. Borders are for keeping us in, drawing a line between what is mine and what is yours, demarcating difference and separateness. Borders keep from embracing what is beyond.
I'm not necessarily politically Left or politically Right. I'm not necessarily in the Middle either. I care more about our planet and being in harmony with it than anything else And it doesn't mean I don't care about people--I do. And I hold you all accountable for your actions. I hold you accountable for your personal and emotional growth in consciousness. I hold you accountable for the decisions you make everyday to put this planet and all of us in peril. I echo Greta Thunberg's statement "I want you to act like your house is on fire, because it is."
#ecofeminist #earth #beyondborders #greta #houseonfire #SheWolf

No comments:
Post a Comment